Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A New Leaf

It's been a long time since I've done a post and although I'd like to keep the spontaneity I'm pretty excited with the new photos I've been making recently with the introduction of my DSLR (you might have heard from my other blog Garden Of Shadows).


To start off here's 'A New Leaf' - no pun intended but it's like starting a new leaf as well as a vision of petals which are also leaves!
I have a feeling this is a type of bromeliad, with fine long leaves and a typical series of spear like flower 'petals' which are more like thick leaves.


I don't know which genus it is exactly so if you have any ideas please give a shout!
It's definitely a no maintenance plant. The flowers last a long time and are hardy with a pretty pattern.
Obviously I really love my aperture shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...